Sports: Local, National, and World

Started by Forge, 27 December 2011, 21:29:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

Round 2 NHL playoffs

Minnesota vs. Chicago - pretty even on offense, but Chicago has a nasty defense. Chicago in 5
Calgary vs. Anaheim  - Calgary is just a little bit better on both sides of the puck. Calgary in 6
Tampa Bay vs. Montréal - Tampa has a high powered offense, Montréal has a stingy defense. shots on goal should eventually win this one. Tampa in 7
Washington vs. NY Rangers - NY is also a bit better on both sides of the puck. Rangers in 7
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Forge

Chicago won in 4
Anaheim won in 5
Tampa Bay won in 6
NY Rangers won in 7

Chicago vs. Anaheim. Anaheim has a bit better offense, but Chicago's defense is just too stifling. Chicago in 6
Tampa Bay vs. NY Rangers. Both have fast paced offenses. Tampa usually gets quite a few shots on goal, while NY has more 'quality' shots and makes them count. NY has a stingier defense that may help keep the number of shots taken on them down. NY in 6

Forge

Quote from: Forge on  29 April 2015, 06:56:59
Why don't they just face off Canada vs. Russia for the title now and get it over with?
echo

Forge

Chicago won against Anaheim in 7. It was tough for them but they showed the endurance to hang against a high powered offense.
Tampa won against New York in 7. Tampa out-skated the Rangers for most of the series and eventually took advantage.

Chicago over Tampa Bay for the Stanley Cup in 7. Chicago's physical play and stiff defense will slow the Lightning down.

MSandt

The whole thing just sucks; it was such a good series but the Ducks just failed to show up for the last two games. Andersen in particular just lost it.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Forge

A NY vs. Anaheim series would have been better.

Puritan

Been away this weekend to watch national Road Racing qualifiyng rounds.
A friend of mine is riding in the 600 cc class.

The guy next to the inner rail in red suit ( this is the first bend after start grid, round 1)

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise