News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

TROR 'CBP' ready for beta testing!

Started by Micky C, 02 January 2012, 05:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky C

Hi all.

As some of you may be aware, Paul B and I have been working diligently for the past month and a bit creating a map with the most advanced use of TROR ever created, both in terms of new TROR tricks and widespread regular use. Hopefully it's the first of a new generation of maps that use the feature.

And we were hoping that some of the talented folks here will help with some thorough beta testing.

The map is designed with 8-bit textures, and absolutely requires polymer, no buts, ifs, ors or ands in that respect. It uses a strange hybrid of classic and polymer lighting. There was no choice, we had replace some sector shading to gain much needed walls. That means it might run slower than you'd like depending on your hardware.

It's a city themed keycard hunt centred on a single block with 5, multiple story enterable buildings. The map can be completed in many different ways if you use common sense and parkour.

And that's pretty much all there is to say, except let the beta testing begin!
If you're interested, say so in this thread and I'll PM you the file.

Wall whore.

Forge

I'll beta-test if you absolutely cannot get anyone else.

I have a huge laundry list of reviews I would like to get done this month, and getting caught up in beta-testing at this point would be distracting (to the beta-testing).

That, and I'll be the one doing the review for your map here. Though I can remain impartial about scoring something I've participated in, sometimes it's nice to see a project straight "off the press" and get a clean first impression. 

I only offer because I'm a nice guy and I don't think you'll get too many offers from the current group of members we have now. Most are casual visitors or busy with their own projects.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

I've got one beta tester so far, but I'd like to have a second or third set of eyes just to be on the safe side. Although based on what you've said, I'll go start a thread at Duke4.net.

Thanks for the offer though!  :)
Wall whore.

Forge

I didn't mean to sound like a jack-hole  :-[

fixed:
I have a huge laundry list of reviews I would like to get done this month, and getting caught up in beta-testing at this point would be distracting (to the beta-testing).

I don't think I would give the beta-test my full attention and it would cause me to not do a very good job  :-\
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Micky C

Don't worry about it, I've got a second beta tester now. Appart from any obvious flaws or game breakers, I mainly want to know whether it's worth implementing difficulty settings, because parts of the map are fairly hard already imo (but I'm a lousy player).

Anyone who wants to do additional beta testing can still do so. I'd like to get at least one more person's opinion before I release the map.
Wall whore.