Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

quakis

Quote from: Forge on  09 November 2014, 16:03:32no offense, but historically speaking unfinished and abandoned was your m.o.

None taken. It's not exactly a badge of honour that I wear proudly either; The many whims of an attention seeking teenager. Less lingering on past mistakes I say and more focus on the present and future.

Forge

After discussing the issues with the boss, I regret that GresterDM2 will have to stay where it's at (it's not a simple matter of just deleting it, there are scripts and whatnot). I will however put the rest (other than Origin 1) in a pak and list it as a curiosity item for those interested in such things.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

quakis

It's honestly difficult to review something you don't have an awful lot to say with only a few key points. Sure beats saying nothing at all though... Here's ForeverDoom: http://taw.duke4.net/2014/11/duke3d/foreverdoom/

MSandt

Bad maps are easier to review than good maps.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Micky C

Holy crap! When did Action Time on 7 get reviewed? Man is that embarrassing. Forge pretty much hit the nail on the head with a lot of stuff. The Dukeplus features were kinda forced in, and I never wanted those vent sprites to be destructible. If I knew then what I did now I would have made the vent with SOS. 84 seems pretty high though, especially since my second map here got 85.

I also see Open Air (my first and only Dukematch map) was reviewed. I wonder if Duke64nukem was aware that the map was more or less a straight conversion from a map I did for the 1.5 hour CBP. Something he didn't mention was that all the goodies you can get from the shrunken section become pretty unreachable if you break the mirror with explosives. Also I guess he didn't see what happened when you press all 3 hidden buttons from the top of the central mountain ;)
Wall whore.

Captain Massive

OK I tried It lives, I was not happy with it, the buttons are too small, and I got stuck by some joke tranny. (you cannot unsee that)

are you guys messing with me?.... because that was a horrible experience.

The freaking locals allways mess with you.... I know this.

I like a good joke and often mess with my buds but ..that was rude.

Please give me a real map I can play.
Massive Out....

Forge

i forgot about the tranny - that was an inside joke that was put into the map.
i thought you might like the environment and unique implementation of some of the sector effects. not for you then.

try Red 5 by Merlijn, or Mil Town Rampage, by David B.

it'll be easier to make recommendations when your preference is known

Captain Massive

My favorate map "hands down" is Dogville, but I'm still trying them all.

I like yours as well but the framrate  :-X
Massive Out....

Forge

Like my what? If you're talking about one of my maps you shouldn't use polymer (especially in Duke 12:12)

Also try Clear the Coast, RedRock, WGCity, and NightShade Army

Captain Massive

12:12 was it.

I really liked the dishwashing trays (can I steal that) and the ketchup bottles. just for starters... and the rig in garage.
Massive Out....

Forge

'steal' what you want, all i ask is for a little credit in the template

Captain Massive

Just yanking your chain. but I did like your sprite work.
Massive Out....

Forge

thanks.
i'm not overly sensitive about things being 'borrowed' if i'm asked first

i split away this part because we're getting off-topic about your map

methy

Quote from: Captain Massive on  27 November 2014, 17:39:38
My favorate map "hands down" is Dogville, but I'm still trying them all.

I like yours as well but the framrate  :-X

Have you played the Roch series? Roch1 can look weak nowadays, but it starts great with Roch 2 onwards.
If you like Dogville you can try other maps by Taivo and also anything recent by MRCK (Filler, Happy Hangover, Bottles to the Ground, Anorak City, AMC Pleaser, and Anarchy City 2 and 3 which are older but still hold up; you can check out his others maps which are a bit less traditional like Rural Nightmare, Wide Awake, Anarchy City X)
Also check both Taivo's and MRCK's maps in The Spiegul Contest, and Roch Island as well (by these 2 and Merljin)

Also you need to play Duke Hard and Metropolitan Mayhem episodes
http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-hard
http://www.moddb.com/mods/metropolitan-mayhem
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

quakis

Don't overwhelm the guy! :P

I recommend without any bias whatsoever, "Done and Dusted". Honest.