Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

Quote from: Gambini on  18 February 2012, 04:25:50
He could´ve been a little more generous with the rating though.  :o ::) ???

I traditionally score maps up to five points lower than Mikko and Kim for the majority of it. Even though you know that and you're just trolling, I suppose not everyone is familiar with the lower than normal scores, which is why I bothered to respond at all.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Gambini

I´m not trolling. But i won´t start the rating discussion again either. Just compare the maps that rated around this one and you´ll see it is underrated for your standards. Raising the rating bar is a good idea though, it gives room for better maps, someday.

Puritan

Quote from: Gambini on  18 February 2012, 15:04:27
... Raising the rating bar is a good idea though, it gives room for better maps, someday.

Second that.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Quote from: Gambini on  18 February 2012, 15:04:27
Just compare the maps that rated around this one and you´ll see it is underrated for your standards.

other maps that I've rated 94:
Undesirable Elements
Fbsp001
Mincer City
KaiseR Land 01
Rush Back
Done & Dusted
RCPD Finale
Roch 2
Nightshade Army
Crucial Conflict: 2 - Waterworld
Crucial Conflict: 3 - Acupa Dylana

seems Desert Storm has some pretty good company. You sir, are on crack

Puritan

Replayed Demolition by Devastator the other night.
Man, he must have an unofficial world record in the usage of the C9 sprites!  :o
It's a hard and challenging map that should keep you on your toes for a while!
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Played Sin Centre by MetHy and Mikko Sandt, which was a fairly good classic styled map. I found it a bit hard on my first playthrough, finding myself short on health and ammo. Has a few visual glitches which need fixing. http://forums.duke4.net/topic/5298-release-sin-center/

Also played Crash and Burn by a newbie colonelconsequences. I found it very enjoyable. Obviously it's a bit underdetailed and has a few minor noob issues but it's really, really good for a first map. It's got a fantastic layout, and makes great use of triggered explosions and other scripted sequences which I won't spoil. Gameplay is very good and balanced. http://forums.duke4.net/topic/5299-release-crash-and-burn/
Wall whore.

Forge

seen those earlier today. was going to get around to them. maybe one tomorrow (it's my son's birthday, so no hanging out on the computer for any amount of time), and another sunday

Gambini

Funny. I don´t know if I am unconsciously becoming a good player (i´ve been always mediocre) but Sin Centre seemed ridiculously easy for me.

Loke

Quote from: Gambini on  25 February 2012, 04:33:52
Funny. I don´t know if I am unconsciously becoming a good player (i´ve been always mediocre) but Sin Centre seemed ridiculously easy for me.

Nah, I found it quite easy as well. Played on LR and pretty much breezed through it.

Merlijn

I agree, just played it and it's a pretty easy map. It's a pretty good one though, I really liked that big pool centre, a solid map in the original style for sure.  :)

PS: maybe Gambini is battle hardened by Imperium  ;D

Forge

Sincenter was very easy.

As for the design of locations, it was hit and miss. Some areas were good (the parking garage, the pool hall), some were just bland or sloppy (the last street area, the underground plaza, the stripper room, the air ducts)

Gambini

Quote from: Merlijn on  25 February 2012, 15:28:00
PS: maybe Gambini is battle hardened by Imperium  ;D

Yes. Imperium made me a tough and brave warrior. I´m not afraid of death anymore.  ;D

Forge

Sin Center has been updated with texture fixes and glitch repairs if you want to replace the one hosted on this site boss.

http://msdn.duke4.net/sincenter.zip

if you do I suppose you can change the rating as well to this:

Texturing/Lighting-Shading: 9/10
Sprite Work/Detailing: 8/10
Ambiance: 9/10
Architecture: 18/20
Layout: 19/20
Gameplay/Design: 25/30
Overall: 88/100

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise

quakis