Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

Played Anorak City by Aymeric Nocus once again.
If somebody have given me this map and I didn't knew the author, it would have taken me 10 seconds to tell that it's Aymeric's work  ;)
Fantastic map. Recommended.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

Finally played Back Alley, and I can see why it's liked so much. Very nice map that could have easily been a lost map from the original episodes. I especially like the outdoor design, it really looks like a back alley and the texturing and layout are well done. Indoors are not as memorable but still good. Too bad there isn't a sequel, the ending leaves you wanting more.

Also played my own Clear the coast again, I still like how huge this map is. :) From all my work, I think this one has the most replay value.

Trooper Dan

Quote from: Merlijn on  18 March 2012, 15:53:49
Also played my own Clear the coast again, I still like how huge this map is. :) From all my work, I think this one has the most replay value.

I concur.  Now for the sequel:  Clear the Canyon.  :)

EDIT:  Also Clear the Caverns and Pacify the Peaks.

Gambini

Red1 remake shares a lot of that hugeness feeling. I suggest you resume working on it.

Hell, when we shared our alpha maps, both was about equally completed. Mine has been already released a year ago. What about yours? I know you finished other projects in all this time too but rush the fuck up would you? :P

The copy i got dates from november 2009!

Merlijn

Heh well Imperium got in the way and that was a very time consuming project. ;)
Red1 remake still lies dormant on my HD, but you're right: I should resume the work and finish it one of these days. It's pretty close to completion..

And 'Clear the canyons' would be a fun (and accurate) nick name.  :P

Merlijn

Finally played Eddy's "The wall".. Wow, what can I say? Someone took the time to combine some of my favorite music with my favorite game. Awesome.  ;D
The cutscenes are really well done, I sort of missed the ultimate mindfuck that is "The trial" (look it up on youtube, but be warned, it's really trippy and weird) but who am I to complain?

Loke

"The Wall" was one of my favorite releases from last year. I'm not even a fan of Pink Floyd but damn was it a fun and refreshing experience playing through it.
Tried making a YouTube playthrough of it shortly after the release but it got blocked throughout the entire world whenever I tried uploading it. I guess that's what you get when you're trying to give something neat a bit of exposure. :/

Puritan

Yeah, I've experienced similar actions.
Sometimes your uploads will be accepted if you give credits to the original author in the description   tags  ;)
The "blocked due to copyright" messages will sustain for a few days and then disappear.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

Yeah, copyright nazi's suck.

In other news: replayed Gambini's Mortum. (on a side note: this is a great strategy to get people to play your map: stir some debate about the rating!  ;D)

Looks good, but gameplay was lacking due to the really cramped environment (everything is undersized) and enemies constantly spawning behind my back. I did survive the "unfair" explosions, when the map adviced me to "just run", I did exactly that and I got out completely unscratched. Not a perfect map, but worth checking out.. although I have no idea who "Pampa" is.  :P

Forge

Speaking about stirring up some debate over maps. That score you did on my first map, Duke 3:16 is a load of crap. The review is great and very well done, but I think you need to go back and look at it again. I redid a few things and now an 84 is bullshit. There's no way this map is an 84. 74 is more like it.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

MSandt

Finished Duke It Out In DC. A bit dull and lacking content but the levels are quite good.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Puritan

So Mikko, did you go nuts in " Smithsonian Terror"?
I still wake up at night screaming : "Get me out of here!"  ;D
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

Yeah pretty much, the damn vent key. Took me 40 minutes, which is a lot.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Gambini

Quote from: Merlijn on  22 March 2012, 21:06:53
Looks good, but gameplay was lacking due to the really cramped environment (everything is undersized) and enemies constantly spawning behind my back. I did survive the "unfair" explosions, when the map adviced me to "just run", I did exactly that and I got out completely unscratched. Not a perfect map, but worth checking out.. although I have no idea who "Pampa" is.  :P

Pampa was my old nick, the one that were nowhere used never of ever because I´ve been an underground offline mapper for 12 years. I still believe my best ideas and mapping moments came from that era though. This about feedback, opinions, persuasions, reviews, ratings; really impacts on the mind of an artist (if i can be called so) and in my case in a negative way.

methy

Here is something that should have an impact on you :

Stop calling yourself an artist because you've made a couple of usermaps for a 15 years old game.
You're starting to make me think of DavoX.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games