Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

I think you have a future in review writing  ;)

To make life a little easier on Puritan I would attach the map file so he doesn't have to look for it.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

David B.

Many thanks.
Here is the entire file.

see ya.
David B.

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

I'm still shuffling through some old maps from my HD and today I stumbled across: Voltage by McGarnicle.
I gave it a quick review and an upload.  ;)

A very well done space-themed map from way back in 1996.
It's a small to medium sized map well balanced with lots of nice touches.

I recommend playing through this one if you aren't familiar with it.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

I distinctly remember that being a good map.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

methy

I remembered Voltage, it's a good small map, just too bad it's ruined by the shitty few insta-kill sectors if you get too close to void in several places.

I also remembered and replayed Palace Charitas. I really like the design and layout, however I cheated (DNCLIP) at the beginning because apparently I needed some explosive to blow up the wall to continue progress that I could never find (I even restarted the map, and then I remembered it happened when I first played it years ago as well).

I just played Unleashed http://www.scent-88.com/reviews/U/unleashed/unleashed.php
Took me 10 minutes and found 1 out of 2 secrets. A pretty damn good map, nice visuals, and quite a few very nice effects especially for its time.
Too bad gameplay is a bit boring, there is a typical flaw of early usermaps : there is health and armor everywhere. Probably because back then most players played with keyboard only default controls and it used to be a lot harder to avoid enemy attacks.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Forge

Quote from: methy on  18 September 2012, 09:12:13
I also remembered and replayed Palace Charitas. I really like the design and layout, however I cheated (DNCLIP) at the beginning because apparently I needed some explosive to blow up the wall to continue progress that I could never find (I even restarted the map, and then I remembered it happened when I first played it years ago as well).

Should have asked for help before cheating, i would have told you where to find the trip mine, and where the switch is in the private room off the coat check lobby.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise

Loke

FactoryX by Nick Farrow. Good map overall but I found the large amount of backtracking a tedious process. Very easy to get lost in the beginning too but you get hang of the place after running around helplessly for a while. Another problem I had was that it was way too easy.

MSandt

That Unleashed thing was a pretty good find, really liked all the effects and texturing.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Loke

Anarxiticalcity by Alexander Bak. Absolutely grand design with some pretty fun gameplay. Towards the end I believe I accumulated about 500 enemy kills over roughly 50 minutes. Some parts were confusing though and I'm not even sure I grabbed the first blue key card the right way.

Sanek

Sorry for the OT, but I don't want to do new theard for that:

Can't you recall me the name of one map with action in the airplane? It was released in the early 00x, and it have quite modern design.

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise

quakis

Boeing 747, or Passenger Jet?