News:

DannyFromNewOrleans is back with a new map brimmed with action!
"Fear Of The Dark" is ready for download.

Main Menu

Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

Quote from: MSandt on  31 January 2013, 14:11:20
Do you think it'd be okay to publish some of them even though the contest is ongoing?

??? ??? ???

who the f*ck are you and what did you do with the real Mikko?

real Mikko response:

"Thanks for pointing those out. I'm going to host them. I know my site is popular and if my reviews sway the judge's opinion, that's their problem, not mine".

going to have to email Mikko and let him know somebody has hacked his account
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

MikeNorvak

Quote from: MSandt on  31 January 2013, 14:11:20
Took a quick peek in Build and they all seem pretty good. Do you think it'd be okay to publish some of them even though the contest is ongoing? (I don't speak Spanish so I don't know their rules.)

No I don't think there's any problem with that :) The only concerned point about it reads:

"Any registered user can download and vote for the maps from January 16 to March 15"

Anyway I'm gonna send a PM to the mappers and see if they agree (Think about it, maybe one of them wants to modify something in the map...

@Forge: LOL that's right :D

Gambini

As the big eminence I´m for the whole game design community, specially for the Duke level design community and further more to the DukeSpaña community. I think it´s safe to say that they will be more than glad to see their maps reviewed, even if the contest is still going. Although, if you want my relentless opinion, I´d wait for the contest to finish before publishing those reviews as it can generate a bias on the judging process.

Oh yeah the Big Gambini is back!

MikeNorvak

MikeNorvak

So yeah you can review Arrovf's map. LeanBuh isn't okay so you can't post nor review his map (he said he needs to polish a lot of things). Danstructor hasn't responded yet.

Forge

well if leanBuh is going to polish the thing and produce a final version, can he (or you) provide me courtesy copy?
Thanks

Gambini

Forge

Quote from: MikeNorvak on  01 February 2013, 07:29:04
LeanBuh isn't okay so you can't post nor review his map (he said he needs to polish a lot of things).

that's what i'm waiting for. a "final" version

MikeNorvak

Danstructor is ok also. :) So go ahead with the reviews :D

zykoveddy

Quote from: MikeNorvak on  31 January 2013, 04:59:31
I haven't had any time to do anything related to Duke nor playing maps, but I visited Duke España tonight I just noticed the maps for the 2012 build contest are up, there are good names there, sure they worth giving a try. :D Please someone post some shots... :P

http://www.dukespana.com/concursos_build_2012.php

Cathedral looks pretty damn good!  :o
From the flight of the seagull come the spread claws of the eagle.

Forge

played lendro4.

the base elements are there - good layout & enemy placement. the supplies are adequate, but the placement need adjustment. texturing is sloppy in places and there are some odd choices. detailing and shading are sporadic - shading is for the most part either all bright or all dark, there's no contrast. The biggest problems - the tunnels are very difficult to get into and once in, there's no going back. That means the player can reach the blue key lock without the key and get stuck. The jetpack is also required to finish the game. If you're out of fuel - you're stuck.

there's also an issue with the red key. the player can't put it straight into the lock. they need to go outside the booth, crouch down, and use it through the wall. then the gate doesn't want to operate properly. i had to randomly click around on it to get it to open.

MikeNorvak

You should play and review other Alejandro's maps, he's a good mapper:

http://dukerepository.com/authors.php

and I thought Rescate were already officialy released (it is included on attrition in fact) but I can't find it on DNR nor in MSDN, so here's a copy of it. A pretty good map.

---------

Oh btw Alejandro said Cathedral is part of an epísode, being the first map and that's the reason for the lack of enemies.

Second edit. Another BTW: ****YOU SHOULD PLAY THE MAP IN DAMN I'M GOOD FOR A HARDER CHALLENGE*** according to Alejandro.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Forge

i have 230 maps in que and play them at random when time permits. some of alejandro's maps are part of that number and will get reviewed eventually.

i already have rescate. didn't notice that it wasn't on DN-R, but that site started going downhill in 2007 and new releases only got reviewed if someone posted in a thread about them, so that makes sense.

Gambini

Quote from: Forge on  04 February 2013, 05:19:23
i already have rescate. didn't notice that it wasn't on DN-R, but that site started going downhill in 2007 and new releases only got reviewed if someone posted in a thread about them, so that makes sense.

You are exaggerating. I came to the forums in 2008 and DNR just had a facelift and was full lof life.

One thing I´d put clear is that Alejandro is more known as Arrovf. There are two more Alejandro mappers, so it should be better to differenciate them.

Forge

then it is your fault after all

you failed in your responsibility to report new releases from the Duke Espana community

you sir, are a very poor ambassador

-there was a sharp decline in activity from the previous years starting around '07 and it kept slowly dropping until the bot invasion boosted the numbers back up to what they were-