Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

MSandt

Bedrone, Big Light, Clearwater, Deadfall...
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Puritan

Lighthouse is HUGE.
Maybe you should try "Bedrone", "Dukem Memorial Hospital" or "Clearwater"?
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Red2 by merlijn

Ah, the simpler days of youth. For an old player like me, it's like stepping into a time machine   :)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Forge

Roch

help! i'm stuck in the past. maybe when i finish the right map, I'll jump back to my own time

i always enjoyed the exploring and how the maps would open up in increments in the roch series

Forge

Roch2

the texturing & architecture improved, and especially the shading, from the first map
the layout & design are simpler and the gameplay is even more unbalanced towards the player than the first one

Forge

Red2

this map oozes atmosphere (among other things  ;) )

Forge

Roch3

I like watching how things improve and get more complex from one map to the next

unfortunately, this map has a few design flaws

Puritan

Second that.
Playing maps from a specific author starting with their early releases and follow their progression is a quite nice experience.
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Quote from: MSandt on  28 December 2011, 00:50:36

Since you never played Billy Boy's maps before what's you're opinion so far?
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Quote from: Puritan on  31 December 2011, 21:15:46
Quote from: MSandt on  28 December 2011, 00:50:36

Since you never played Billy Boy's maps before what's you're opinion so far?

If you're talking to me, I still haven't played any of his maps yet  ::) :P I've been too busy finishing off my current project. But when I do get time I'll probably start off with Bedrone unless anyone thinks I should start with something else.
Wall whore.

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

I saw, but when did Mikko say he's never played any of Billy Boy's maps? I'd be surprised if he hasn't.
Wall whore.

Puritan

Quote from: Micky C on  01 January 2012, 02:36:08
I saw, but when did Mikko say he's never played any of Billy Boy's maps? I'd be surprised if he hasn't.

I'm sincerely offering my apologizes.
My bad, ....

I'm mixing up posts.....
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Quote from: Micky C on  01 January 2012, 01:43:25
If you're talking to me, I still haven't played any of his maps yet  ::) :P I've been too busy finishing off my current project. But when I do get time I'll probably start off with Bedrone unless anyone thinks I should start with something else.

bedrone can be a bit confusing. it's one of the maps that gives very few clues on where to go next and requires alot of exploring and backtracking. make sure you get the eduke version; the con in the original isn't compatible with that port.
lighthouse is easier to navigate due to view screens and signs at the switches, but it's huge and requires alot of exploring (and if you manage to go off a cliff and fall all the way back to the bottom, you'll want to toss your computer out the window)

Micky C

Is there a smaller map that doesn't require a huge amount of exploration and backtracking?
Wall whore.