Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Hah... a discussion about my old Duke maps... fun :D
You even got me playing my own maps The Big City & Toxicity. Outside of mapping, I barely play maps so take it as a good thing... ;)

The Big City has more realistic city feel & structure. Even the living room in the house looks better than some Toxicty locations. But Toxicity is clearly alot more polished and better textured (Big City has way too much easy-to-fix-bugs too)... on the other hand, it has more strange things which you might hate or love.

I guess it's a matter of taste too... I think Toxicity is better but both maps has it's strong & weak things. Would love to see Maa3 again, hope it's not lost :)
Boo!

methy

Matt Wood, mapper of Mega Socked Devil Ruins, a DM map from 1996 which I really liked and uploaded on Megaton, just ressurfaced due to me uploading his map.

He uploaded a single player map of his on there, a spacetation from 1996 which is really good and which imo would be worth uploading both on here and on MSDN.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250035659

http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Micky C

The screenshot he posted looks interesting, but suffers from horrible, horrible compression :(

Didn't know he was hired by 3DR to be a level designer.
Wall whore.

Forge

isn't that the corridor 8 map?
i'll throw it in the pile with the rest
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Tgreyhair

Hi everyone (Long time no hear hope everyone has been doing well)

This might be a tricky question to ask but here it goes. One of the maps I've been playing on and off for some time I can't remember if I completed it. What I'm meaning is the part near the end of the level seems impossible.

The map I'm mentioning about is ANARCHY an old 1996 map. I'll post an attachment below see if anyone else can complete this map without cheating of course.  ;D

Forge

i can finish it without cheating. it's a pretty easy map with all the weapons, items, and atomic healths.

the only pain in the ass is finding the key cards. i'm not sure what triggers the bookshelf to drop in the upper office where the blue key is, i went up there a couple times and knew it was a fake bookshelf, but it was always closed up. wandered around for a bit doing things and killing aliens, looked at a view screen and noticed that it finally opened and that the blue key was there. after that it was pretty simple.

use blue key, open wall next to lock, get yellow key. use yellow key & a small section of wall next to the movie cameras opens revealing red key

Tgreyhair

Well-done Forge

I think this might of been a map I played a long time ago with my brother doing the co-op but this map sure is a nice one if you are wanting to do a duke match even playing against the bots is an interesting challenge.

methy

Quote from: Micky C on  18 April 2014, 04:17:19
Didn't know he was hired by 3DR to be a level designer.

Really? Any idea what maps he made and in what game?

Edit : just googled it. It is indeed the same Matt Wood, he worked on DNF, Prey, Max Payne for 3DRealms; then was hired by Valve and worked on HL2 episode 1 and 2, L4D1&2, TF2, Alien Swarm, Portal 2... pretty interesting.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Puritan

It would have been nice to know what Duke-matchers have to say about this map?

I don't play DM but I had a look at this map from back in 1996 and I must say this mapper was talented!  ;)

And now I'm offering myself as a laughing-stock for you guys:
I actually managed to get killed two times in a DM map without opponents or bots  ;D

Here you go: Highscool by Alexander Leitloff (Desperado).
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Quote from: Puritan on  29 April 2014, 18:47:17
I actually managed to get killed two times in a DM map without opponents or bots  ;D
^special talent

be nice if we could get someone on board who DMs with megaton or another port to give write-ups and scores for those maps

Puritan

Dusted off an oldie on my HD today and I was almost blown away.
The map had no template attached so I had to roam the net for some info.
Thanks to Mikko Sandt over at MSDN for sorting things out about this level  :)

I can't see why you shouldn't head on over and play this pearl!

Hiveduke by Ryan Isenberg
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

ck3D

totally forgot about that guy but yeah, i remember going through all his maps a while back and being entertained for sure, he definitely was onto something earlier than most. cool stuff

methy

Apprehansion Arizona, new map by Locke uploaded on Megaton (I guess he must have realized it's pointless to post maps on forums ? :p)

Really great map highly recommended!

Puritan

Tested Apprehansion Arizona by Loke today.
A well designed and fast paced map.
Very funny and challenging on Come get some mode.

Only drawback for me would be that the boss was to easy...
It's possible to let him take out himself.
Oh when I'm old and wise

Micky C

Yeah why didn't Loke make a thread about it? I didn't become aware of it until recently. (Didn't help that Methy said the map was by someone called "Locke" :P )

For the record I've pretty much stopped playing Megaton. It was fresh at first but since I'm not a casual player I don't really see the point. If I really want to play a map, I'll get it from one of the review sites and use eduke.
Wall whore.