Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlijn

I think I've fixed everything mentioned in the beta-reports, and I'm sure that forcefield wasn't mentioned

Before we even got the beta phase, most of the team already left the mod (leaving us with unfinished levels). So there are bound to be a few hiccups here and there. The fact that it actually got released was a bit of a miracle, and wouldn't have happened without Maarten, Dan and me working our asses off.  :P

Puritan

^The template might have another sound if we knew...?
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Quote from: Merlijn on  20 June 2014, 23:25:59
I think I've fixed everything mentioned in the beta-reports, and I'm sure that forcefield wasn't mentioned
i don't recall everything that i mentioned about the first three levels, which was all directed to dan, so i don't know if you ever got it.
all i can say is the majority of what i reported didn't get fixed.

probably the only fixes that were done in the first levels that i mentioned was some sector based wall shading that allowed the player to mantle on it - and if the player jumped while mantling it would clip them onto the roof of the building. i had to mention it like two or three times before it was finally brought to your attention. And then there was an issue with the shooters at the location where the skycar crashed. - that got fixed right away, so it must have been a code thing.

Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Merlijn

Ah yes, I remember now. I was on holiday during the first phase of the beta-testing. :) I tried to fix as much as I could, but I might have forgotten some things. That's what happens when you have to clean up some of the mess you didn't make yourself.  :P

Gingis Khan

Last map(s) i did play were DukeHard which was released few days ago. I liked it, it's a bit confusing sometimes but it's complex and well professional done. :)

methy

What did you think was confusing exactly?
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

Gingis Khan

Some maps were hard in case when you have to find some access keycards or secret switches. But i like it because it's done in 1996 map style

Merlijn

Which reminds me, shouldn't 'duke hard' be added to the map database? If neccesary, I can tighten up my review on duke4.net a little so it can be used. 

methy

If you're going to UPLOAD the episode here, then I'd rather you wait for v1.1 which fixes stuff around since that's going to be done in a couple of days max.
I'd rather you just link to the moddb download page for download though, I like to keep track of download counts. But whatever.
http://thisshitaintscary.blogspot.com/ - The only Blog solely dedicated to Horror video games

MSandt

Quote from: methy on  05 July 2014, 19:11:35
I'd rather you just link to the moddb download page for download though, I like to keep track of download counts. But whatever.

I don't really understand this; the more steps you add, the fewer people are going to download the mod. Knowing the exact number of downloads should be less important.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

Micky C

Besides, you can see the number of downloads at this site anyway.
Wall whore.

methy

It's because this site has a 'no update' policy. We might have to update the episode again in the future to fix a game breaking glitch or something.

Micky C

It's a shame that this site does have a no-update policy. Updates can be a very crucial thing, and problems can sometimes take a while after release until they're found.

It's the case of 1 guy (I think we know who that is), ruining things for the rest of us. IMO most mappers are sensible enough to restrict updates until all the issues are found, like with Duke Hard.
Wall whore.

Forge

Quote from: Merlijn on  02 July 2014, 19:17:17
Which reminds me, shouldn't 'duke hard' be added to the map database? If neccesary, I can tighten up my review on duke4.net a little so it can be used.
that would be nice. ck3d did some nice mini-writeups as well that can be combined in if you want to put a review together.
Don't know if will ever get used, but having one already done would be convenient

I was asked to hold off doing a review for an indefinite amount of time due to hosting conflict issues
- getting the downloads at moddb to a maximum count
- and the update policies of this site

Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

methy

I'm not trying to get as many downloads as possible on moddb. Not to mention the counter is getting reseted with the update. But since this site has a no update policy, it's better to wait for the soon-to-come patch we know is coming. And even then a link to the moddb page is always welcome for any future patch (though another SP patch is unlikely; a MP patch is very likely whenever eduke32's online is back on track)