Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

Re-played "Another big base attacked" by Maarten v. Oostrum yesterday for site related reasons.
Man, what a wonderful piece of work Maarten squeezed out in that one!
Too bad he isn't mapping anymore. He is so skilled  ;)

ABBA
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Maarten

Quote from: Puritan on  24 October 2014, 19:01:23
Re-played "Another big base attacked" by Maarten v. Oostrum yesterday for site related reasons.
Man, what a wonderful piece of work Maarten squeezed out in that one!
Too bad he isn't mapping anymore. He is so skilled  ;)

ABBA

Hahaha big thanks man!
Almost no time for it anymore, but I'm actually mapping a bit. My new map is almost done & planning to release it .. so... :P

...WID ;)
Boo!

Micky C

Is that the alien beach one?

And nobody "doesn't map anymore". They either don't have time for it, or have a temporary priority readjustment  ;)
Wall whore.

Merlijn

Haha, that's actually true! Every once in a while, I fire up build again.  8)

And yes, Maarten is still working on that alien beach level. I saw a preview and I think you guys will like it. It's not as ambitious as ABBA, but it's nice revisit to planet X64. Comparable to the last 2 levels of the Imperium episode.

Forge

both Oostrums here at the same time?

Did you guys just get back off tour or something?

Kinda suspicious.

edit: btw, what's up with this map i have titled Tunnels?
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Merlijn

What, you have Tunnels? Could you send it to me, I've lost that file a long time ago.

Sanek

Quote from: Merlijn on  25 October 2014, 17:49:52
What, you have Tunnels? Could you send it to me, I've lost that file a long time ago.
We once have a theard on DNR about our "underground" maps, the maps that was never released on forums or anywhere else. You post your map there.

Forge

it'll get reviewed eventually, but for your convenience:

Merlijn

Thanks! I can't imagine anyone wanting to play this except out of curiosity, it's the very first map I made and most of it is really crappy. But go ahead and review it. :P

Forge

Duke 3:16 got reviewed, so i'm feeling vindictive. If I have an early map from someone well known in the community, it's getting reviewed.

Wait until you see Gambini's early stuff.

Maarten

Quote from: Sanek on  25 October 2014, 18:29:39
Quote from: Merlijn on  25 October 2014, 17:49:52
We once have a theard on DNR about our "underground" maps, the maps that was never released on forums or anywhere else. You post your map there.

I remember we had a whole zip file with underground maps. I lost them all... if anyone has this zip, I'm interested in seeing old stuff from me again :D Just for memories... I recall the map "Hoteltje.map"  got into that zip too...
Boo!

Merlijn

Quote from: Forge on  25 October 2014, 22:29:23
Duke 3:16 got reviewed, so i'm feeling vindictive. If I have an early map from someone well known in the community, it's getting reviewed.

Wait until you see Gambini's early stuff.

Your first map is a lot better then 'tunnels'. Just replayed it and it's really inconsistent, some parts look decent while others are absolutely terrible (especially some of the indoor stuff, omg). The sewage system and the alien base at the end are the best sections of the map, they still look noobish and oversized but at least the layout is kinda cool.

Anyway, thanks for the upload, it's still cool to see my oldest map back.

quakis

^ Now to remake it. Or make a new map. *nudge nudge* ;)

Maarten

Quote from: quakis on  27 October 2014, 01:41:43
^ Now to remake it. Or make a new map. *nudge nudge* ;)

There is already a updated version of Red 2 coming, and a map from me. 2 Oostrum maps after a few years silence. Should make u hungry peeps happy already, no? :P
Boo!

quakis

If both Oostrum's are releasing maps, that pleases me greatly. :P