Last map you played

Started by Puritan, 02 December 2011, 08:14:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Forge

KaiseR Land 01

Nice looking map for the most part. Flows well and is easy to navigate. Annoying spawns right behind the player's back and usually while trapped in a corner.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Played "Buenos Aires Explosive Remake" by DavoX.
Man, I can't believe I missed this one  :o
What a wonderful map! Brimmed with aliens, lots of places to explore, nice progress and more explotions in your face than you can count.
My cup of tea  ;) 
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Puritan

Played through "Fernocity" by Fernito.
A decent map with some cool fights well worth an upload  ;)
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

MikeNorvak

Here's the latest version of Nightshade Army, and this is definetely the last time I'm gonna touch it, I have improved a bit somethings but nothing major except this time the final boss is a Cycloid, and that way it feel more epic imo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2az0v1o5sd86buh

Thanks Puritan for the waiting, also could you update the template with the one in the rar?

Puritan

Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

Played the three 2 hour cbp's (2hcbp01, SuburbanHive 2hcbp02, Suburban Hive II - Crimson Moon 2hcbp03). didn't have a chance to submit them until my electricity came back on

these 2 hour cbp's are some of the smoothest community maps as far as game flow and transition from one mapper's part to the next are concerned. I'm guessing it's due to the time constraint which keeps each author from detailing out their individual section to their own style. With such limited time, it's probably easier to just pick up where the last person left off and run with it.
I know that's the case for me on the first one I was involved in (suburban hive). The next one (crimson moon) I was a theme breaker, but due to lack of time for detailing, you really can't tell I made that specific part.

Puritan

Just played one of my "top 10" maps again.
2121 A.D. by Bob Masters is a very nice level considering it's age.
The usage of SE's is above average and the effects such as the popcorn machine at the cinema and the hallucinogenic gas is way up there  ;D

In order to play all this good ol' maps properly I've set up a folder with a EDuke32 snapshot from March 2009.
It's a shame that maps played in classic mode with newer versions of EDuke32 is pitch black at some locations  :-[
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

I played that too a while back and it still hit pretty hard.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

MikeNorvak

Routine by Perro Seco. A regular key hunting city map with some clever design and nice ideas (like that Nukebutton you have to lower in order to finish the level), it lacks shading and shadowing, and there aren't many ammo in the begining, afterwards it has a nice gameplay. I took me 16 min, maybe you want to review it and host it on this site.

Download link: http://www.dukespana.com/load.php?id=541

EDIT: Talking about duke espaƱa, here's another map I found:

http://www.dukespana.com/load.php?id=430

Drip zone by Nuclear 36

Is not a bad map IRC and it worths playing.

Puritan

I'll download 'em and have a look.
Thanks for letting us know  ;)
Oh when I'm old and wise

MikeNorvak

Here's the english version of Drip Zone template if you want to use it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Puritan

Thanks, Mike  ;)
Just passed "Routine".
It's sure worth an upload.
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

WGCity

perfect example of a destroyed city. constant action and lots to explore.

quakis

Cherenkov Station, reviewed here.