Map progression

Started by Micky C, 14 February 2012, 00:07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

High Treason

Not really, like I said, it's not my stlye, the point of my section is that it's my style but not to the point that it doesn't fit. I can't TROR the drain anyway as the heights are incorrect, the city was at some freakish height so the sewer is actually above it, so you'd have to modify every sector - I never said I wanted good framerates in other people's parts did I? :D

Basically where I am coming from is, with that argument (if I blow it out of proportion) I might as well say throw your TROR in the trash because it's slower than hell on my 1996 rig, use sector inversion tricks instead and I'd strongly reccomend removing A and B in room C bla bla bla :D - Of course I don't intend to blow it out of proportion, everyone's part has or will have it's own style and it's own charms.

As for the water, have you ever been in a sewer? It's not very transparent anyway and you can never get the smell out of your clothes. Still, at least nobody has said anything about my Polymer lights, because I can't test them, so I don't really know what they look like.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Micky C

Ok I'll respect your decision. But if you ever do get into TROR in the future you should know that if you do join two areas, you don't need to mess about with heights or anything, mapster does it all for you automatically, that's why I said it would take 10 seconds, I wasn't exaggerating. I'd also eat my foot if there was any problem with performance on any renderer by linking up such a tall, narrow sector.

Anyway, I took some screens so you can see what your lights look like:
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/crimic01/mapster322012-02-1916-22-45-68.png
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/crimic01/mapster322012-02-1916-23-13-80.png
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/crimic01/mapster322012-02-1916-23-53-82.png
Wall whore.

Mister Sinister

So I guess it's my turn to map now?
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

MikeNorvak

I understand HT anyway the only real benefit I could find on using TROR in that well, is to give his part a real layout, I mean that the upper and lower parts don't be actually on different places.

Of course you can map Mister Sinister!

Mister Sinister

So this is how my part of the map looks like right now. I still have around 800 walls to use and a few free days!
It's not nearly as impressive as Mike Norvak's part is or Micky C's,but still. :-\

Road on the screenshot will be connected to the "hub" and will be expanded in some other direction,also I will think of some way of using the dam.

Also I think you should update that post with "Current mapper/walls used and etc"  :)
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

High Treason

Damn, it's looking good Mister Sinister.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

MikeNorvak

@ Mister Sinister: Nah, it looks great ;) BTW I did update the post at Duke4 yesterday.

Micky C

Quote from: Mister Sinister on  19 February 2012, 22:13:30
It's not nearly as impressive as Mike Norvak's part is or Micky C's,but still. :-\

Don't be ridiculous, I love it! Very futuristic. Can't wait to see what else you'll do with the remaining walls  ;)
Wall whore.

Mister Sinister

Thank you guys  :)
This is how the actual dam looks like right now
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Puritan

How does the sprites ( trees, bushes) looks like in classic mode on the sloped areas?
They sometimes tend to render some ugly clipping.
Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Merlijn

Screenshot looks great, this map has the potential to be really epic!  8)

MikeNorvak

Hey that's nice, what if you slope the ceiling sectors on the sides, and use the large sectors to make some beams? so it looks like a dome just above. Yeah I'll love to see what Merlijn and Maarten have prepared for the map!

Mister Sinister

Mike,sounds cool but difficult. :(

Well,it was two days of unstoppable mapping without a break and I have 70 walls left.
I've made a small section inside the dam,which sadly looks very dull due my little experience in making hi-tech maps.
Also I've placed blue keycard on the top of the dam and locked it with a switch tagged as "sina5".
I think I'll finish my part tomorrow.
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Maarten

Awesome.

Hope I'll get the map on wednesday... I do have some more time that day  8) Still no real idea what to create tho...
Boo!

MikeNorvak

@MS : Well, you already have the sectors, just slope them, and change the texture of the large sector to metal beam something like this:

[attachment deleted by admin]