Map progression

Started by Micky C, 14 February 2012, 00:07:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Sinister

So my part is finished!
I've added some temporary items and monsters, switch tagged as "sina5" is also temporary - I left it just for testing. It unlocks the way to blue keycard.

Sadly, but I failed in making a dome,Mike. :(
Anyway - here's the map and ingame screenshot

Walls used - 1627
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Micky C

That area is huge! Fantasitc! And I love the style and detailing. Although some of the corridors are a bit high; are people taller in the future?  ;D

I also see you've also got an album coming out (and the sign's bigger than Norvak's, I'm sure he won't be happy about that.) Perhaps we should all have an album coming out? Like an in-joke sort of thing.

I noticed in the 'tags used' file that you put in the names of the tags rather than the numbers themselves for a lot of them. The names are useless information without the .maptag file. It shouldn't be a problem if everyone uses the smart tagging system, but some people might not. Can you list the tags you used here so people can note them?
Wall whore.

Forge

it is a tall corridor, but it doesn't look bad. maybe it's designed to handle forklifts, hovercars, and other vehicles & machinery

a dome over this area would really enhance it. after everything's finished and tuned, there's sure to be enough resources for M. Sinister to add one if he wants.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Mister Sinister

I forgot to put maptags file in archive,here's new file.
Yeah,that sign sure is huge! I think this really can be an everryone's joke. Maybe everyone can have something coming out? Not only an album - book,movie,anything! Anyway thank you,I tried to do my best :)
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

MikeNorvak

It seems something was broken on my part.

I'll check later today if I can fix it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MikeNorvak

Mhhh  No, it seems the map can be played with any glitch only with 8-Bit/Polymer so, for the next mappers, take this in account. BTW Mister Sinister has nothing to do, that was a design flaw from my part, definitely is impossible to run TROR with polymost...

MikeNorvak

So this is what we have:

Polymer : low fps
+
8-Bit: slow and laggy, shading on dark areas is messed up, glitchy sprites on walls.
+
Polymost: glitchy TROR layers

= UNPLAYABLE

I think it was a bad idea to use TROR :/ What's the point to have such an amazing feature if people can't run it? that's really demotivating.

Maarten

Is it really that bad?  :o Maybe it's temporary and will be fine soon tho. What I've seen here, the TROR  looks really good

Anyway it looks really cool.
My eduke snapshot is too old to make it playable, right now duke dies when I step in any TROR sector :P
I can't download it on the site right now...so where to get it? Can someone upload it for me? That would be good, so I can start building next day... I do have basic plans but I guess I'm going to build "what comes to my mind at that moment" :)
Boo!

Micky C

Here you go: http://www.sendspace.com/file/k3vit0

@Norvak I'm pretty sure it's possible to include an auto executing cfg file which can disable polymer lighting. This should greatly increase the framerate (the light cast by troopers' lasers alone makes a huge dent in the fps). This should make polymer a much, much more viable option.
Wall whore.

Maarten

Wow, that's what I call a fast reply :D

That sendspace gives me the map .rar file tho, without the new snapshot?? :P

And yeah, the shading thing could be fixed.... I don't wanna remember the countless shading-change-thing we had while making Imperium...that was alot of  frustration  ;D
Boo!

Micky C

The latest eduke snapshot? http://dukeworld.duke4.net/eduke32/synthesis/20120221-2379/

After Parkade was released, I'd discovered that very early on Paul messed about with visibility that ultimately resulted in some areas turning dark way to early, so I was forced to reset the visibility and we had to redo a lot of the shading to bring it back to the level of darkness that we wanted  :P
Wall whore.

MikeNorvak

Posting while Micky C  ;D

Okay. So I list you before Merlijn?

EDIT: I've changed "current mapper"at duke4 to Oostrum bros. ;D who wants to be the next?

Maarten

Thanks, it works now. Gonna start building tomorrow. :)
Boo!

Forge

so maarten & merlijn swapped positions in the rotation? 

Nobody ever tells me anything :'(

:)
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Maarten

Haha LOL  ;D

The reason is simple: since we got the map today, and I've time for at least 1 day, and Merlijn hasn't at this moment :P
Which explains our decision ... 8)
Boo!