non-mapping discussion

Started by Micky C, 27 February 2012, 09:02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

quakis

Quote from: Puritan on  11 April 2012, 18:28:39Just curious:
What will be the 'official' name of this CBP?

I think we should go back to the basics since there have been a ton of spinoff titles lately. It should simply be called; Community Build Project 8

Forge

Since the last Community project that stayed with the original CBP name was released about five years ago, I also think it's time for another with the traditional title
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Mister Sinister

I think CBP 8 sounds pretty boring. Maybe we can call it something like "CBP 8: Scent City",but it's up to you,guys.
Gadji beri bimba clandridi
Lauli lonni cadori gadjam
A bim beri glassala glandride
E glassala tuffm

I zimbra!

Forge

How 'bout:

Swamp Donkey Rides the Rainbow Comet

:P

Let MickyC and Norvak pick a name; they started this project

Micky C

Well so far everyone's been calling it CBP 8, and there's really nothing wrong with that, so it looks like the name is here to stay.

Ok maybe not everyone, but I wrote CBP 8 in my section and I don't want to have to change it  :P
Wall whore.

MikeNorvak

I'm OK with CBP 8, I think there isn't any reason to name it different since other cbps haven't  had any real name at all, correct me if I'm wrong.

On other topic, I've been a little busy and I haven't even working on the track, anyway here's a preview:

www.mikenorvak.com/audio/SpaceCBP.ogg

I want to be sure if the track really fits the map. What do you think guys?

Micky C

I don't like the instrument that comes in at 24 seconds, the song is already light-hearted enough without it. The map is meant to be serious, with aliens having invaded the city, and the track needs to reflect that. Other than that it seems pretty good.
Wall whore.

Forge

It seems to have the right "atmosphere" in the rhythm and tempo, but those notes in the lead are too spry. Maybe keep everything in the low range.

High Treason

Has a 50's Sci-Fi vibe to it almost, sounds like you've used a lead patch like a pad. As for the lead, that square wave might work better if you turn the brightness down a little. Excuse the Yamaha user's terminology, I don't know what you're using, probably software these days as I'm the only guy stuck in 1994.

If I still had working controllers I'd have tried to put something together myself.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Captain Awesome

I like it as is, myself.

I also think Community Build Project 8 is a fine enough name.

Maarten

My 2 cents:

-I like the music, great atsmophere. Those sounds @ 1.45 are awesome. Maybe you should let them go back at same time with the "outro" theme, so it's even more creepy and might make the track more "complete" (let's say a sort kind of climax) ;D
The bass drum is a bit too loud IMO, especially on the end. But maybe that's just me.

-Just CBP8 sounds fine to me.
Boo!

MikeNorvak

I'd be glad if all you send me a PM with the text you want to include in the template, how was your mapping process, what areas did you build, how Norvak messed your stuff up and didn't know how to be a project leader, how many time you used, and any other things you want people to know. So I can start writing the template :D

Forge

I'm considering locking this topic and making it public for those interested in reading these type of things.

MikeNorvak

Great!!!! Also all the other CBP-8 related topics.

Micky C

Wall whore.