Official RELEASE subforum suggestion

Started by Trooper Dan, 13 March 2012, 18:21:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper Dan

Don't worry guys, I'm not going to create a bunch of threads!  I like this idea of having them added gradually as maps are reviewed.

Forge

Quote from: Trooper Dan on  14 March 2012, 00:59:14
Don't worry guys, I'm not going to create a bunch of threads!  I like this idea of having them added gradually as maps are reviewed.

edit: make your desired threads for maps under "Classic Duke 3D" and mods under "Duke 3D Modifications"

the current policy is to keep maps separate from mods

at this time, there's no need for child boards. if those two boards reach the point where we deem them to be "over full", then we'll take the necessary steps for rearrangement

If you're not sure if a project qualifies as a Mod, just post it under the "Duke 3D Modifications" board. It can always be moved later

don't forget to add the polls
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Gambini

I pretty much agree with DT on this one. Neither "classic duke3d" means finished usermaps nor "duke nukem modifications" means finished TCs and mods -minus usermaps-. There is no need of more subforums, there´s need of new names.

Trooper Dan

Quote from: Gambini on  16 March 2012, 00:56:54
I pretty much agree with DT on this one. Neither "classic duke3d" means finished usermaps nor "duke nukem modifications" means finished TCs and mods -minus usermaps-. There is no need of more subforums, there´s need of new names.

But on the other hand, it really isn't a problem yet.  If it becomes a problem, I'm sure they will do something about it.

Forge

Classic Duke 3D
This board is where you announce releases! Also a place for talking about released Duke 3D stuff.

Duke 3D Modifications
A place for talking about anything related to: Duke Plus, HRP, Polymer and others.

The classic duke 3d description mentions releases, so it's fine. The duke 3d modifications description should be changed to add a line about releases
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass