[Release] Alien Resurrection

Started by Puritan, 08 April 2012, 17:30:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Puritan

....And....it would help if people actually are reading the template and/or the developing thread....

I've stated clearly that this is a map that is supposed to be close to the movie.
Have you ever seen the space vessel brimmed with aliens from the beginning??...No!

Do the space vessels destruct towards the end??....Yes!!

Does Ellen Ripley and her crew have unlimited ammo in the movie?...No!

The template also states that this is more like an adventure map with lots of hallways just like the vessels in the movie.

Could it be room for misunderstanding in this information presented to the player??

To the trained eye - There are no coincidences
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

Forge

I don't specifically disagree with any of your statements, but you're assuming everyone's seen the movie(s) and is going to read the template.

Consider that some people have done neither (even if they have), are commenting on the face value of the map, and don't make the connection between the progression of the map in parallel with the progression of the movie.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

I actually care less for complainers/whiners that doesn't read templates/info...
Simple as that  ;)
The more you see - The less it makes sense
If you can not see - You can not truly know

High Treason

I've just played it, not bad at all, I especially liked the explosions that occured towards the end, anyway, I always read the template files that come with maps in case there is anything I need to know.

I couldn't really find any faults anyway, except one sector doesn't collapse, and I went the wrong way and just happened to get stuck in that sector.
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Forge

Well part of this discussion is lost in the context because a portion of the responses that are being factored in are at Duke4.

Some of the individuals who expressed their opinions may be classified as a bit harsh on projects that don't suit their tastes, but there are other people who mentioned the same things that I would definitely not classify as complainers/whiners.

I think the problem is there was such little feedback (10 people total) that the spectrum of what was mentioned is very narrow and concentrated. If three people mention the same thing, then you're talking about a whole one-third of the responses.

Micky C

It was a very well done map, quite detailed, good layout, scripted sequences, underwater sections (I love flooded rooms and things, and maps these days don't seem to have enough of them). But overall it wasn't to my taste. This is at least partly because I haven't seen the Alien movies. I tried to watch the first one when I was a kid, but ironically I stopped watching it because I couldn't stand the slow start there either  :P
Wall whore.

Merlijn

Heh, even the fans of the alien series generally don't really like the resurrection movie.. which might also explain why this map doesn't get much response.

Forge

The last Alien movie I seen is the one from the prison (3rd in the series). I remember the commercials for the movie of this one, but I didn't go see it.

All of them seem to have the same formula though. Slow start, build tension, start killing everyone, blow something up and escape.

MSandt

Played the map a second time and noticed there are two more rather easy ways to get stuck. If you escape to the right when the hallways start coming down, you can get stuck between the door and the collapsed ceiling with no way out but loading a game. Also, if you enter the vent after getting out of the elevator that takes you back to the first area, you end up to a previous segment of the map that's supposed to be destroyed but is not, which kinda breaks the immersion of the ship being destroyed. The problem is that the vent is glaring open right in front of you as you exit the elevator.

http://msdn.duke4.net/hotalienresurrection.php
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark