Release - The Space Mission

Started by High Treason, 15 April 2012, 21:56:06

Previous topic - Next topic

High Treason

I've been working on this since earlier in the year and I think it is now time to throw it to the lions.

The Space Mission is a two level mini-episode designed for Polymost (without the HRP) in which Duke is suddenly called in on a mission. An EDF Space Station is malfunctioning and there has been no readable communication from it in some time, it's almost as if the signal is encrypted somehow, EDF are unsure of wether there is just a technical glitch or there are aliens involved but they decide to send Duke in just in case, Duke boards his shuttle and goes aboard the space station with orders to report back to EDF when he knows the situation... Unfortunately, this isn't as easy as it first appeared.

Gameplay is just the same as classic Duke 3D, except you now have a space suit to worry about, you'd better find one that isn't broken before you play with the airlock, otherwise you will die from decompression. Gravity varies depending on where you are, sometimes you can jump higher or further than usual as a result and even drop without taking damage. I reccomend reading the map templates for more details and deffinitely check out the Readme if you can't get it to work, there's no excuse for missing the Readme as it will be open in the right pane of WinRAR the instant you open the archive.

Screenshots

Download
MediaFire - 16.6 MB
CGS Download
[glow=black,2,300]sprite[].sectnum -1[/glow]

Puritan

Bitter words mean little to me. Autumn winds will blow right through me
And someday in the mist of time, when they asked me if I knew you
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

I'm in the middle of reviewing another mini-mod atm, but I'll get to this soon.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. [Thumbs up.gif]
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Hmmm...it keeps crashing my comp every time I try to load a saved game  ???
I'd smile and say you were a friend of mine, and the sadness would be lifted from my eyes
Oh when I'm old and wise

Forge

seems this problem isn't specific to this mod. other people have mentioned similar issues at Duke4 using other mods (AMC_TC is the only specific one off the top of my head, but I believe there were others as well). Someone saved the game, had crashes, saved another game in slot two, then the save in slot one started working. Not saying that's the fix, but it worked for one person.
Take it down to the beach with a hammer and pound sand up your ass

Puritan

Reviewed and bunged to CGS server  ;)
Oh when I'm old and wise

MSandt

Nice little mod. I liked the music quite a lot actually. Had no trouble with the button puzzle but yeah, six is usually a bit too much - I think the most the original maps had was four. Add two more and the amount of permutations increases by a factor of four.
"Whatever their future, at the dawn of their lives, men seek a noble vision of man's nature and of life's potential." -Howard Roark

quakis

Gave the released version a spin. The ending of the second level is definitely a huge improvement over the beta. Will try and write up review of this for my site in the coming weeks, I'll post again when that's done.