This is my HTML guide pertaining to Duke Nukem 3D map editing. It
can serve either as a reference for the experienced user, or as a
tutorial for people who are new to the program. I've tried to keep it
as informative as possible, while still retaining simplicity for
newcomers. Some of the effects described in this guide are not
compatible with Duke Nukem v1.3d (nor is the included
TUTORIAL.MAP). If you don't own Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition, you should probably get yourself a copy.
On with it, then. If you consider yourself an expert in the field, you'll probably just want to browse through the information. If you're new and interested in learning how to build levels, start with The Basics.
Contacting the Author
I've been around the net under my video-game alias "Nukey", but the proper name is Ryan Lennox. Anyway, send feedback. If you have any questions, comments, or notice any errors, please e-mail me at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- 3D Realms for the game, and Ken Silverman for the Build engine and the Polymost renderer.
- All those involved with enhancing the original game, particularly: Jonathon Fowler for porting the Build engine, Matt Saettler for EDuke, Richard "TerminX" Gobeille and the contributors to EDuke32/Mapster32, and Plagman for the Polymer renderer.
- Kim Robinson for hosting all of my Duke projects, and for the guide's new design.
- The classic FAQ writers: Steffen Itterheim, Brett Gmoser, Jonah Bishop, and Klaus Breuer. They got me started.
- The Commander for inspiring me to put this guide online.
- My brother Brody for his many interesting Duke3D discoveries and ideas.
- Gambini for informing me that Two-Way Trains do not necessarily have to be placed between the Locators.
- Devastator for informing me that it is possible to activate
DOORTILEtextures by kicking them.
- The Duke3D community for maintaining their interest in this game for over a decade.
The Duke Nukem 3D Informational Suite is Copyright ©2003 by Ryan Lennox. All rights reserved. All revisions, updates, or modifications to this guide are to be done only by the author. You are allowed to distribute the packaged version of this guide through any electronic medium provided that:
-  ALL 801 FILES ARE INCLUDED.
-  NOTHING CONTAINED WITHIN ANY OF THE FILES HAS BEEN ALTERED, REMOVED, OR AMENDED.
-  YOU DO NOT PROFIT MONETARILY OR MATERIALLY FROM SAID FILES.
All of the files are by Ryan Lennox, except any information specifically credited otherwise, and dnr.jpg and style.css which are by Kim Robinson.
Duke Nukem 3D was created by 3D Realms, and Duke Nukem is a registered trademark of Apogee Software, Ltd. All other trademarks mentioned within this guide are acknowledged as such. 3D Realms does not support this guide. I am not responsible if something bad happens to you, your computer, or your computer files upon using this guide. I hope you have fun with this stuff.